Detoxification is an important process for a healthy mind, body, and skin. We need to flush out the toxins from our body. Pollution, stress at work,eating outside junk foods, not getting proper sleep, too much of alcohol, etc. leads to weight gain, unhealthy skin and toxin infusion in our body. One of the main causes of weight gain and losing our skin glow is the careless ignorance of detoxification. A detox water not only flushes out toxins from our body but also gives the nutrition it needs.
What is detox water?
Detox water is water, with infused fresh fruits and vegetables. It is sometimes referred to as fruit-infused water. We can make detox water recipes at home in a lots of different ways, by using any combination of fruits and vegetables that we like.
Some popular detox water recipe combinations
1.Apple cider vinegar, Cinnamon and Honey Detox Water
- Green apple
- Apple cider vinegar
- First, slice a green apple and toss it into a jar.
- Then, Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of ground cinnamon, one tablespoon of honey, and a litre of water.
- After that, keep it in the fridge for overnight.
- Finally,the drink is ready in the next day.
- Apple and cinnamon have great benefits for people with high blood sugar levels. Cinnamon stabilizes the sugar level in blood and boosts metabolism. Apple is a good source of antioxidants.
- Apple cider vinegar boosts our immunity by lowering blood cholesterol. In addition, it controls blood pressure and fights diabetes by lowing blood sugar. It also helps to regulates insulin, has anti-inflammatory properties, improves heart health, and aids weight loss.
- Honey is rich in vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and copper. Further, it metabolizes cholesterol and promotes digestive functions.
- Cinnamon has antioxidant, anti-clotting, and antimicrobial properties. It also controls the blood sugar levels, improves brain function, protects against heart disease. Likewise, it has a warming healthy effect on the body.
2. Citrusy lemony lemonade Detox water
- First, squeeze the entire juice of a lemon in a glass.
- Then, squeeze out the juice of two oranges and add it to the lemon juice.
- After that, crush half an inch of a ginger root and make a paste of it.
- Finally, Add the ginger paste to the juices and stir well before drinking.
- Citrus fruits like lemons are a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It enhances immunity, regulates digestion and cures constipation. On other hand, lemon helps to get rid of extra body fat.
- Oranges lower blood cholesterol levels. They contain a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants, prevent kidney stone formation, reduce the risk of stomach and lung cancers, ulcers and protect against cardiovascular diseases.
Ginger is a rich source of antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory properties and calms the gastrointestinal tract.
3.Lemon Cucumber/Watermelon Detox Water
- 1 litre water
- Watermelon or cucumber
- Fresh mint leaves
- First, cut the watermelons into cubes or cucumbers into thick slices,
- Subsequently, cut the lemon into wedges.
- Then, toss the watermelons or cucumbers and the lemon wedges together.
- Now, add the chopped or crushed mint leaves.
- Next, pour water to the top of the jug.
- After that, keep it overnight in the fridge.
- Finally, Add ice cubes when we want to drink it.
- Watermelon detox water is great for people with blood pressure issues as it stabilizes the body’s blood pressure. Watermelon or cucumber helps the kidneys to flush out toxic substances from our body.
- Lemon is a rich source of vitamin c. It regulates digestion and cures gastritis, heartburn, and constipation.
- Mint has an overall soothing cooling effect. On other hand, it relaxes the muscles of stomach and, of course, adds flavour.
4.Strawberry Basil Detox Water
- Basil leaves
- First, add 10 fresh, whole strawberries in the jar
- Then, cut 2 lemon wedges
- After that, squeeze the juice from ½ lemon
- Finally, add handful of fresh basil leaves
- Strawberries are high in antioxidants, potassium, vitamin C, and many other nutrients.
- Lemons are a brilliant source of vitamin C, rich in antioxidants and they enhance immunity.
- Basil leaves contains various antioxidant properties to keep us young and healthy.
5.Ginger Lemon, And Honey Detox water
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 inch ginger root
- 1 glass warm water
- At first, Just heat a glass of water without boiling it.
- Then, use a mortar and crush the ginger root.
- Subsequently, add the lemon juice, crushed ginger, and honey to the glass of warm water.
- Finally, drink it while it is still warm.
- Honey helps in metabolizing cholesterol and fatty acids. Therefore, promotes better digestion. contains a variety of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, copper, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and zinc.
- Ginger is used in many food recipes and is a good source of antioxidants. It soothes the gastrointestinal tract and has anti-inflammatory properties.
6.Lemon Green Tea Detox water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1/4th lemon
- First, boil a cup of water and put a green tea bag in it.
- Then, Add the lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, Drink it hot.
- Green tea boosts our immunity. They are the rich sources of a type of antioxidants called catechines. Antioxidants scavenge the free radicals, slows down the aging process and prevents the proliferation of cancer cells.
- Citrus fruits like lemons contain large amount of vitamin C, rich in antioxidants and they enhance immunity. Lemon also helps in burning down the extra body fat.
7.Strawberry Grapefruit Detox Water
- Mint leaves
- First, thinly slice one whole cucumber
- Next, cut the two whole grapefruits
- Nest, add two cups of fresh strawberries
- Lastly, add mint leaves to taste.
- Vitamin C is one of the best possible detox vitamins. Found in both strawberries and grapefruit. Strawberries are also high in antioxidant, potassium, vitamin C, and many other nutrients.
- Cucumber helps the kidneys to flush out toxic substances from our body.
- Mint adds flavour and relaxes the stomach muscles. In addition, it has an overall soothing cooling effect.
- Citrus fruits like grapefruits are a great source of vitamin C, rich in antioxidants and they enhance immunity.
8.Citrus Watermelon Water
- First, cube 1 cup of fresh watermelon
- Second, squeeze the entire juice of ½ lemon and ½ orange
- Then, add 1 lemon wedge
- Next, add 1 orange wedge
- Lastly, add 5 – 8 cucumber slices.
- Watermelon detox water is great for people with blood pressure issues as it stabilizes the body’s blood pressure.
- Lemon burns down the extra body fat. Moreover, they are a great source of vitamin C, rich in antioxidants and enhance immunity.
- Oranges lower blood cholesterol levels, prevent kidney stone formation, reduce the risk of ulcers and stomach and lung cancers, and protect against rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseases. They have vitamin C and fibre. Therefore, this makes them an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Watermelon and cucumber help the kidneys to flush out toxic substances from our body.