Laughing is the sweetest medicine
In today’s society, where socioeconomic interactions stresses & decreases the quality of life. As a result, it negatively effects on a person’s health. Laughter on other hand, is a positive sensation & easy remedy to overcome stress. It improves the quality of life.
Laughing is the sweetest medicine for overall health:
Boosts immune system – They are natural painkillers. Similarly, laughing is a powerful antidote to pain, stress. It helps to strengthen the immune system by increasing immune cells & antibodies.
Relieves tension in muscles- Laughter relaxes whole body. For instance, a good healthy laugh relieves physical tension & stress, leaving our muscles relaxed.
- Protects the heart- Laughter improves the function of blood vessels & increases blood flow. As a result, it reduces blood cholesterol. This helps to prevent heart attack & other cardiovascular problems.
- Reduces stress- Cortisol is a hormone which triggers stress. Therefore, lower cortisol level is better for our mental health. When we laugh, cortisol level decreases. Consequently, relieves stress.
- Improves overall happiness & mood- Body’s natural happy chemicals are serotonin & endorphins. When endorphins are released in brain, stress hormones such as cortisol are reduced. In other words, endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being.
- Helps to lose weight- A study found that laughing for 10-15 minutes in a day can burn approximately 40 calories.
- Helps to lower blood pressure- Laughing causes dilation of blood vessels. In addition, it reduces blood pressure & tension in vessels.
Laughing is best for your mental health:
- Helps to be positive- Helps to keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations & disappointment. Therefore, keeps a peaceful, positive state in mind.
- Relieves everyday works & anxiety- Laughing eases feeling of distress by reducing stress hormones & increasing oxygen supply.
- Helps to relax & recharge- Along with reducing stress it also boosts energy, enabling us to stay focused. Subsequently improve mood & adds joy.
- Improve efficiency & performance- It increases net supply of oxygen to our body and brain which helps to improve efficiency, performance & creative thinking.
Laughter is healthy for social interactions:
- Lightens anger- It diffuses anger & conflict faster. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective & enable us to move on without holding onto bitterness.
- Strengthens relationship- Laughing together is the most effective thing for keeping relationship fresh & exciting. In addition, laughing & fun chatting strengthens relationship by triggering positive feelings & emotional connection. Above all, laughter unites people.
- Enhance teamwork & group bond- Sharing laughter adds joy & it is the most powerful way to heal disagreements. When we laugh together a positive bond is created.
INFOGRAPHIC: #Laughter Is The Best Medicine - #Laughter really is the best medicine. Within this infographic we provide some fun facts on laughing which even includes a rat ... > https://t.co/7CLbFDxnFy #BenefitsOfLaughter #HealthBenefitsOfLaughter #LaughterIsTheBestMedicine pic.twitter.com/GFV3v4JIZt— Infographics Archive (@Infographics4u) March 23, 2018